FibreSuburb11th Jun 2020
ATEC, founded in 2004, is a specialist ICT and Software company focusing on satisfying the Telecommunication, Security and Management system needs of clients in Gated Residential and Commercial Communities. FibreSuburb Networks is a division of ATEC.
ATEC has been one of the pioneers of the Fibre to the Home (FTTH) industry in achieving the following milestones:
- First Company to provide true Fibre to the Home in a Gated Community
- First Company to provide true Fibre to the Home outside a Gated Community
- Founding member of the Association for Residential Communities (ARC)
- Founding Member of the FTTH Council for Africa
FibreSuburb Networks Key Technology areas are:
- Service provider vendor management, delivering services to the Fibre to the Home (FTTH) and Fibre to the Business (FTTB) markets with on an open access platform
- Layer 2 services management over third party networks in FTTH and FTTB on open access
- Colocation services in all the Teraco data centre locations in South Africa
- Vender-neutral last mile backhaul connection service delivery, provisioning, management and support
- Open access ISP service delivery over multiple networks
- Web based Estate Management Systems
- As an end-to-end ECN/S licensed operator FibreSuburb Networks fulfils the role of network operator to services providers for voice and data services to residential and business communities across South Africa
- Design telecommunications networks in order to be open-access ready
- Infrastructure design services – complete design and specification of active and passive infrastructure to international ITU/IEEE standards
- Network design and installation services – FTTX design and installation on Metro-Ethernet and GPON topology and technology
- Network maintenance and repair– Maintenance and repair of the active and passive networks according to a Service Level Agreement
- (FNO’s) networks.
In-house capabilities include;
- Requirements analysis
- Design, costing, implementation and management of projects
- Proposal preparation and presentation along with various business models options tailor made to client’s requirements
- Installation, Integration, Commissioning and Support of all projects and equipment (including fibre installation, and testing)
- Service level agreements drafted specifically to meet client requirements
- Integration of telecommunications, television distribution, security, surveillance and metering systems for commercial and residential requirements (RFoG, SAT-IP etc)
- Fully functional Network Operating Centre (NOC) and support desk with full Networks Management Systems (NMS)
- FibreSuburb Networks employs a remote monitoring system to enable 24/7/365 monitoring of networks functionality as well as optimisation to enable multiple ISP’s to operate over the areas that we represent.
All FibreSuburb Networks systems are delivered to the client with a Service Level and /or Maintenance Agreement which insures long term relationships and accountability. The support infrastructure consists of:
- An extended business hours telephonic call centre based in our Pretoria East Offices, manned by trained call centre assistants;
- A virtual call centre which allows for call logging and call routing 24/7 via email;
- Dedicated product engineers and site technicians on call during business and after hours
- Support centres in Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal
- Partner support programs and training to allow partners to service their own customers.
As a company ATEC has the following key differentiators:
- Onsite Support – as part of the offering ATEC appoints a certified technician to exclusively maintain the estate’s network and to resolve any support matters.
- Track Record and Reputation – maintaining satisfied clients for the past 15 years has been crucial to ATEC’s success and they believe that this reputation has helped them to retain key clients.
- Relationships with the major telecoms network suppliers – ATEC relationships with these companies ensure connectivity to client sites for voice and other connectivity services
- Operator Independency – ATEC is not owned by a telecommunications operator, therefore they negotiate the best available deal in order to tailor-make specific solutions for the estates.
- Range of network ownership and finance models