Axis20th Jul 2022
Axis is recognized as an industry leader with more than a decade of experience. We provide a full spectrum of corporate, fiduciary, tax & accounting and fund administration services across multiple global jurisdictions.
Headquartered in Mauritius, with representative offices in Seychelles, Kenya and South Africa, our team of industry experts allows us to cater to the needs of a diversified client base, which includes HNWIs, entrepreneurs, large corporates, Development Finance Institutions, Angel Investors, Institutional Investors, Family Offices, GPs and Investment Managers and provide them with expertly crafted solutions.
Our unique affiliation with the Africa Legal NetworK (ALN), an alliance of independent top tier law firms of Africa provides us with a one-of-a-kind synergy between the financial and the legal aspects of the business world and our clients benefit from a seamless solution through Axis. As the corporate arm of BLC Robert & Associates, one of Mauritius’ leading law firms, Axis provides its clients with unmatched access to legal, structuring, tax and regulatory expertise while offering tailormade, efficient and cost-effective services.
Specialisation is the key to providing a service of excellence. Axis’ activities are split across four specialist units: Investment funds, corporate services, private clients and tax & accounting. Each team is specialized in their particular field and hence we are able to offer an unrivaled service from a team that is experience in the nature of a client’s business and showcases a higher level of prowess in their specific field.
Agility and flexibility are at our core. Our clients are involved in a wide range of business sectors like financial, technology, real estate, energy, engineering and agriculture among others. Our expertise allows us to cater to every client’s need irrespective of the sector in which they operate. Axis adapts to suit the client’s needs and provide an unequal level of service.
Axis holds an esteemed position in the Mauritian financial services industry. Regulators and competitors value our contribution to the potential of Mauritius as an International Financial center. Axis has recently been at the core of the establishing of Mauritius Finance; an organization regrouping the major players of the Mauritius Financial services sector, such as management companies and banks to further promote the potential of the Mauritian jurisdiction with the regulatory authorities.
- Experience in the market – Axis is a leading & independently owned corporate and fiduciary services firm operating out of Mauritius. We are licensed as a Management Company by the Mauritius Financial Services Commission and offer a full range of corporate, private wealth, and fund services to a local and international client base. We were established in 2008 and headquartered in Mauritius.
- Multi jurisdiction presence – Axis also has a presence in SEYCHELLES with representatives in KENYA and SOUTH AFRICA.
- A one-stop shop – Axis is an offshoot of BLC Robert & Associates Ltd (“BLC Robert”), one of the leading top-tier law firms in Mauritius, and this enable us to provide preferential legal, regulatory, tax structuring, and advisory advice through BLC Robert
Our client base
- Our experience in dealing with different profiles of clients– We currently serve many multinationals, DFIs, African regional groups and entrepreneurs, emerging market investors, High Net Worth Individuals, Private Equity firms, big corporates, International finance houses, Asset managers, Multinationals, African regional groups and entrepreneurs, Banks, and Private Investors.
Our Proactive Client Approach and Culture
- Our team is geared towards an “out of the box” thinking approach whilst dealing with complexities and technical matters to provide quick & practical solutions. We maintain a hands-on approach to our files where they are attended to by an administrator, a team leader, and a manager/senior manager/associate director
- We LISTEN to our clients, UNDERSTAND their needs and expectations
- We build and develop strong relationships with our clients based on trust and absolute confidentiality.
- We are more than a mere service provider. We spare no effort to engage with the regulator, local authorities and banks regarding any queries or matters regarding the administration of our clients’ affairs. This gives assurance to our clients that there is always somebody on the ground acting in their interests, whilst always keeping them informed at all times.
- We are a culturally diverse and bilingual team (French/English) of over 150 staff, comprising mainly of professionals and university graduates in the fields of accounting, finance, company secretarial, law, management and technology.
- Flat structure and decisions are made quickly, with direct access by clients to the COO and CEO with an open-door policy.
Our Extensive Reach
- Axis is part of the Africa Legal Network (ALN) which comprises top-tier law firms in sixteen leading economies on the African continent.
- Axis is on the Executive Committee of Mauritius Finance (MF), which is the flagship representative body of the global business industry in Mauritius.
- Axis is a member of the STEP Employer Partnership Programme (“EPP”). This demonstrates that Axis is positioned as an employer of choice, centered around a culture of learning and development.
- Axis is a member of MGI Worldwide, a Top 20 international accounting network of independent audit, tax, and accounting firms, which brings together the expertise of more than 5,000 professionals in over 260 locations around the world.
- Axis is a member of AVCA (African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association). AVCA is the pan-African industry body that promotes and enables private investment in Africa.
- Axis is a member of the South Africa Venture Capital Association that represents the interests of Private Equity and Venture Capital business.
- Axis is part of the South Africa/Africa Canada Chamber of Commerce that promotes investment by Canadian companies in Africa.
- Axis is a member of Africa House, an organization that facilitates investment by South African Corporates in identified projects in Africa.
- Axis is a member of the Investment Analysts Society of South Africa and analyses the investability of listed companies many of which are growing in Africa.
- Axis is a member of the South Africa Int. Network (SAIN) since April 2021. SAIN works with its members and partners to identify, build and execute small, medium, and large local and cross-border projects.