Trellidor is a proudly South African company that manufactures, designs and distributes security gates and window burglar proofing.
What We Do
Some of our burglar bar designs are still best sellers 40 years after we launched them. The top-end models in this range have been internationally certified for their strength.
Community living ranges:
Trellidor’s new community living contemporary ranges, are all designed to be less noticeable once installed. They integrate easily with today’s décor styles,and take into consideration the architectural guidelines of residential communities.
These ranges include aluminium security shutters, Clear Guard security screens, aluminium Roller Shutters for doors and windows, Polycarbonate Clear Burglar Bars and premium quality Cottage-pane style Burglar Bars.
Choose your style from an inventive package of estate-friendly window coverings
An in-depth look into the world of multi-purpose window (and door) coverings designed especially for estate living.
Did you know that there is a whole range of products on the market that protect your privacy and look beautiful at the same time? They fit neatly next to doors and windows, solving problems like messy monkeys, slithering snakes and energy-sapping heat. Most of them can be opened up too, so you can easily clean windows, make an emergency escape, or avoid that caged-in feeling that burglar bars can give you.
The choice is yours with Trellidor
Trellidor may be the home of gates and burglar bars with the criss-cross trellis pattern, but that’s not all they do. They also offer a huge range of other window and door coverings designed specially to meet the needs of people living in estates. These look totally different from anything else you’ve ever seen and tick all the boxes in terms of blending seamlessly into estate lifestyles.
These are sophisticated woven steel mesh panels inside a neat frame, so discreet that you hardly notice they’re there. You can see right through the mesh screen and it allows some airflow into your home. The screen blocks out everything from insects to snakes and monkeys, so it’s a good choice for eco-estates and areas where malaria is a concern.
- Made from an industrial grade woven stainless steel mesh panel with a full, aluminium frame.
- Custom-made to fit any type of door or window.
- Can accommodate handles and other hardware.
- Does not replace the window or door – it is fitted alongside the door or window.
- Designed to match the way the door or window opens and closes e.g. a sliding Trellidor Clear Guard unit will be fitted alongside a sliding glass door or window.
- Provides see-through, unobtrusive protection, blocking out anything from insects to intruders.
- The mesh screen filters out the sun’s harsh UV rays, helping to moderate internal temperatures.
- The mesh screen allows some airflow into the home.
- You can see right through the mesh screen, so lovely views are preserved.
- It is suitable for all security risk locations, whether low or high crime zones.
- In-house attack tests using the same tools on all Trellidor products show that Trellidor Clear Guard security screens are comparable to Trellidor Retractable security gates in terms of strength.
- Fitted with Trellidor locks that can be keyed-alike on request i.e. all the locks on your Trellidor Clear Guard units can have the same key number (or different keys if preferred).
- A high end product, beautifully made with a quality finish and suitable for selected areas if budgets are limited
- Doors and windows that overlook the garden or other great views.
- Encourages indoor/outdoor flow by fitting Trellidor Clear Guard to sliding doors and windows that lead onto entertainment areas.
- Extend the use of a patio by installing them onto the outer edge, providing protection from insects, snakes, monkeys and people.
- Ideal for eco-estates, game lodges and holiday homes as they’re a humane way of keeping wildlife out of living areas and public spaces.
- Ideal for estates with strict rules about visible burglar proofing as they don’t look like security barriers.
- The aluminium frame can be powdered coated in a wide range of stylish colours.
- Visit the website to see the options trellidor.co.za
Beautifully designed, strong and lockable aluminium louvre shutters with adjustable slats to control your privacy, light penetration and airflow. There is no need for curtains, blinds and burglar bars because this product has it all. This is a very pleasing, streamlined shutter with no external rods or handles cluttering it up. It can be custom-made to fit any doors or windows.
- Aluminium louvre shutter with adjustable slats.
- Each slat is reinforced inside with a threaded steel bar along its entire length to strengthen the shutter for security purposes.
- The shutters are fitted with a patented Trellidor locking system.
- Uncluttered, streamlined design with no external levers or rods because operating mechanisms are concealed inside the shutter.
- Can be designed for any opening.
- Custom-made by Trellidor for a perfect fit.
- The shutters can replace blinds, curtains and security barriers in one lovely product.
- The patented Trellidor lock is accessible from both sides of the shutter, making it easy to lock or unlock from either side.
- Customers choose the split of connected slats according to their light and privacy preferences.
- Louvre shutters create privacy and block out a degree of light.
- When closed and locked, these shutters provide access control
- Locked shutters offer security even when the louvres are tilted open.
Note: No matter who manufactures them, louvre shutters do not provide a complete black-out in terms of light seepage, so customers need to be aware of this if choosing them for bedrooms or multi-media rooms.
- They’re beautiful enough for any room in the house.
- Use instead of curtains, blinds and burglar bars on windows. The shutters perform all these functions in one product, making it cost effective over time.
- They can be used as room dividers.
- They don’t look like security barriers so are suitable for estates with strict rules prohibiting burglar bars and other visible security measures.
- Ideal for entertainment areas as you can tilt the louvres to control light, airflow and visibility.
- Popular for estates, coastal homes and improving a home’s ‘street appeal’.
- Ideal for low to high security risk locations.
- Trellidor Security Shutter can be powder coated in a wide range of colours. Visit the website to see the options trellidor.co.za
You may have seen these before, but not quite like this. This is not just Polycarbonate strips nailed to your windows. The Trellidor version is fully framed and attached to the wall inside the window reveal for a neat, strong fit. It is satisfyingly refined and barely there, keeping the monkeys out and protecting you from petty theft through your windows too.
- Full, four-sided extruded aluminium frame.
- Lightweight, transparent, strong and UV resistant Polycarbonate panels inserted into the frame at regular intervals.
- Units are fixed into the substrate surrounding the window using tamper-proof fixings, making it stronger than competitor products.
- Polycarbonate bars are see-through and hardly noticeable.
- Trellidor Polycarbonate Bar has strengthening features that make it a security barrier, not just ‘monkey bars’.
- The aluminium frame gives it a neat finish and improved strength. Competitor products do not have this frame.
- Window handles and hinges are easily accommodated.
- Trellidor uses fixings that are difficult for intruders to access or remove.
- Stronger and more resistant to attack than the more common method of attaching the Polycarbonate strips to the window frame.
- These burglar bars are custom-made by Trellidor and installed by trained technicians.
- This product is not as strong as traditional steel trellis-style burglar proofing so it should only be used in low to medium security risk locations.
- Trellidor Polycarbonate Bar is the ideal window protection for estate homes and others where looks count and security has to be unobtrusive.
- Use this burglar proofing in low crime risk locations such as hard to reach windows, upper storey windows or homes in secure estates.
- Ideal for windows in low risk locations that have lovely views that you don’t want to block with cluttered burglar proofing.
- An excellent choice for windows in areas where monkeys or baboons have become a pest.
- The Trellidor Polycarbonate Bar four-sided frame can be powder coated in a colour to suit the home’s colour palette. Visit the website to see the options trellidor.co.za
Manual and automated rolling shutters that are completely invisible when you don’t need them. Made from aluminium, they have a slim profile and don’t require a bottom track so there is no cutting into your floor. They’re great for shutting out bad weather and extending your living space. They provide superb security when locked down, so they’re often used to create an internal safe zone.
- Made from aluminium.
- The shutters can be fully automated and controlled using hand-held remotes or a control panel fixed to the wall.
- Automated shutters can be integrated into a Smart Home central control system.
- They roll up into a neat, compact shutter box when not in use.
- They can be retro-fitted.
- With forward planning for a new build or alteration, the shutter box can be concealed in a wall or ceiling cavity so that the shutter is completely out of sight when rolled up into the shutter box.
- The shutters don’t require much space as they slide up and down inside narrow side guide channels that can be recessed into the wall.
- Trellidor Rollerstyle shutters are custom made for excellent fit.
- When rolled up, they’re completely out of sight and open the full space for easy passage or to see the entire view beyond.
- Trellidor Rollerstyle shutters provide a complete ‘lock down’ when closed. In terms of strength under attack, they are extremely difficult to budge once locked down.
- A Trellidor Rollerstyle shutter in the passage creates a ‘safe zone’ in the home.
- When closed, these shutters help keep out wind, rain and dust and provide sound insulation.
- Trellidor Rollerstyle shutters can replace window blinds and burglar bars in one sleek product. For privacy when the shutters are open, however, homeowners may prefer to have blinds or curtains in the bedroom area in addition to the shutters.
- They can be made to fit windows as well as doors.
- Protect any doors and windows with Trellidor Rollerstyle to ‘lock down’ the home and guard it against a break-in.
- The strength of these shutters makes the ideal product to close off a ‘safe zone’ within the home. To do this, install the Trellidor Rollerstyle shutter in the passage or stairway and on any other external doors in this area. Remember that all windows in this safe zone must be secured with barriers too and at least one of these must be able to open to provide an escape route.
- Trellidor Rollerstyle shutters can be used to protect windows, patios, doors that lead from the garage directly into the home and front or back doors.
- Install these shutters on all doors and windows to lock down permanent or holiday homes when unoccupied.
- Trellidor Rollerstyle shutters can be used around patios to extend the entertainment area or shut out inclement weather.
Matte white, matte bronze, matte sand, matte light brown, matte aluminium, matte charcoal, matte black.
Special colours are available on request at an additional cost.
These do verge on looking like conventional burglar proofing. But they’re worth a mention because they can be made to match cottage pane windows perfectly. This means that the gap sizes will be the same as your windows, so you can’t see the Cottage Guard at all. They’re immensely strong burglar bars and excellent for high crime risk windows.
- Trellidor Cottage Guard is a premium quality burglar bar system that has few rivals on the market in terms of strength.
- It is manufactured using square aluminium tubing reinforced with a steel bar through the centre of each tube.
- The manufacturing process includes pre-treatment for enhanced corrosion and UV resistance, which makes these burglar bars suitable for both coastal and inland conditions.
- Trellidor Cottage Guard burglar proofing is custom manufactured to fit the window.
- These burglar bars are fully framed for increased strength.
- They are fixed into the substrate surrounding the window, also to increase strength.
- Trellidor Cottage Guard can be manufactured to match the gaps of existing cottage pane windows, making them hardly noticeable.
- Opening sizes, however, should comply with insurance specifications.
- They can be used to create a cottage pane effect if installed to protect large and vulnerable expanses of glass.
- Units are installed without welding, so there are no weak points for corrosion to set in.
- Can be powder coated to blend in with the home’s décor palette.
- Looks very good on cottage pane windows.
- New builds. Use it to provide excellent protection for plain glass windows.
- Provides great protection for windows in a safe zone, such as the bedroom area.
- Because Trellidor Cottage Guard is so strong it is ideal for ground floor windows in a multi-storeyed home.
- Any window with a view as this burglar proofing is not as cluttered as conventional burglar bars.
- Suitable for homes as well as commercial premises.
- These burglar bars can be powdered coated in a wide range of stylish colours.
- Visit the website to see the options trellidor.co.za
All Trellidor security barriers are custom-made to fit the opening and its specific requirements, so there is no standard price.
Trellidor security barriers are available through authorised Trellidor franchises countrywide and they will gladly measure the opening and give a quotation.
If you’d like to find out more about these innovative door and windows products, visit the Trellidor website www.trellidor.co.za