So the kids have at long last moved out … either with a little ‘push’ or at their own insistence to explore the world beyond.
Suddenly the house seems somewhat empty and larger and no longer fulfils the same purpose as before … it’s time to move on to a new beginning, a cosier and more manageable home. Hello retirement, bye-bye rat race!
It is our experience that most families with children choose double-storey homes that eventually outlive their purpose and vibe when the children fly the coop, or as the owners grow older.
Whether downscaling or retiring within the same estate, or making the trek to the coast, selling your property is often a stressful and arduous process. Spacenergy has the expertise to speed up this process, and to help you get an enhanced return when you sell your property.
Spacenergy uses its commercial, design and interior decorating skills to present your property to potential buyers.
- We meet with you to discuss your needs and to assess the property. This is at no cost and without any obligation. We often include the estate agent in this process.
- We plan an appropriate staging layout. It is not necessary to stage all rooms, but we usually include the living rooms, the main bedroom plus one, and the outside entertainment area.
- We choose the furnishings and accessories that will fill the spaces. We own a substantial collection of upmarket hard and soft furnishings and objets d’art to transform your home.
- We furnish your property. This could take either one or two days, depending on the size of the home and the number of rooms to be furnished.
Staging sometimes results in an immediate sale, but you should plan for at least four weeks or show days.
Other ancillary services that we at Spacenergy offer include:
- staging homes that are furnished – we offer a decluttering service if required, and can utilise some of your own furnishings
- furnishing your new home – we offer a turnkey ‘design and deliver’ service to give you the beautiful but functional home that you envisage; we have furnished many investment properties, such as for ‘AirBnB’ short-term letting
- staging developer show units.
Here are some recent success stories of properties we have staged:
- a four-bedroom house in Parkhurst that had been on the market for six weeks sold at the asking price on the second show day after staging
- a development in Wilgeheuwel that was battling to sell the last 10 units sold them all within weeks of our staging a show unit.
And here’s what our clients have to say about us:
- ‘Hi Vanessa. Consistently good feedback about the house. Your magic touch has made a huge difference. All visitors commented on how beautiful the house looks.’ (Eagle Canyon Golf Estate)
- ‘Dear Vanessa, the agent sold the house over the weekend at a good price … so grateful that I met you and that you saw the potential in No. 31.’ (Melville)
Let our small professional team at Spacenergy show you how to increase the appeal of your home to sell fast, and at a better price.
People don’t buy homes – they buy dreams