The Village at Langebaan Country Estate11th Dec 2018
Be a special part of west coast living at its very best
The 323-home Village at Langebaan Country Estate is a place where lifestyle meets secure, stylish, affordable living in a dynamic community that combines residential, recreational and healthcare facilities in a beautiful coastal environment.
The Village’s Cape Vernacular-inspired homes are all north–facing with their backs to the summer winds. Homes are modern, with easy indoor and outdoor living catered for in double-volume spaces with top-end appliances, including built-in slow-combustion wood-burning fireplaces that warm the entire home in winter. All homes are pet-friendly, and smartly planned with large picture windows framing the beautiful views. Our modern kitchens will make cooking up a storm a pleasure, especially when the grandkids come to visit.
Within easy walking access of all The Village units, the clubhouse features a luxuriously furnished roomy interior and a wraparound stoep where residents can chat over lunch, tea or a few drinks while taking in the fabulous views. It’s the perfect place to entertain friends and family, watch the big match, or enjoy a meal.
In a group of like-minded people, relationships form quickly around common interests, and in this way, the clubhouse becomes the centre of The Village life. It really has it all – restaurant, bar/lounge, hairdresser, laundry, library, coffee shop and function rooms. And there’s also a complimentary shuttle into the town.
In addition to the Black Knight-designed golf course created by Gary Player Designs, there is an accessible mashie course for the less energetic (or skilled) golfers – and, of course, a driving range, pro putt course, clubhouse and pro shop.
There is a state-of-the-art, fully equipped gym, as well as tennis courts, bowling green and the sparkling swimming pool in addition to the scenic walking/running/cycling trails that weave through the estate. And Langebaan is one of the water–sport meccas of the world, so it’s important that the garages have enough space for a few toys – and even a workbench.
Perfectly positioned on the safe and carefree 450-hectare Langebaan Country Estate, The Village offers top-class 24/7 security and a fully supported retirement lifestyle. The units are sold on a life right basis, so the developer is committed to long-term sustainability and lifelong care. Healthcare services are provided by Medwell SA, and all basic services, such as health monitoring, are included in the levies.
There is a strong move generally to home-based rather than institutional care,and the homes are carefully designed with accessible bathrooms, etc., so residents needing more comprehensive care can continue to stay in their homes as long as possible. But there are also assisted living and frailcare centres. All residents have access to 24-hour emergency assistance with Call4Care. Phase 3 will include a dementia centre.
- full state-of-the-art security
- full village and estate management
- maintenance of common gardens and all communal facilities
- maintenance of the exterior of all units
- general health assessment
- access to care centre
- access to clinic services
- administering procedures prescribed by medical practitioners within the scope of a registered nurse
- access to 24-hour emergency call system in association with Call4Care
- assistance from healthcare manager to obtain/request benefits from the residents’ medical aid
- five-day respite care per annum per unit
- availability of additional home-based care
- phone with intercom facilities
- 16 meals per month
- fibre connectivity
- intercom and handset (in kitchen and bedroom) allowing communication between resident and access gates, security and care centre
- emergency nurse call buttons in each bathroom.
The Village at Langebaan Country Estate will offer secure, modern and spacious home types comprising:
- 25 x 1-bedroom courtyard suites
- 55 x 2-bedroom courtyard suites
- 71 x 2-bedroom cottages
- 72 x 3-bedroom cottages.
Prices start at:
- R1,550,000 for a one-bedroom courtyard suite
- R1,757,500 for a two-bedroom courtyard suite
- R2,675,000 for a two-bedroom cottage
- R2,950,000 for a three–bedroom cottage.