Thorburn Security Solutions is an industry leading national Security Services Provider which offers intelligence-driven security solutions through an integrated risk reducing approach.
A proud division of the Tsebo Solutions Group, Thorburn is an ISO 9001:2008 certified service provider, ensuring superior service delivery processes are designed and implemented throughout our operations.
As a responsible and ethical trader with distinctive local roots and culture, Thorburn takes pride in delivering a superior service to the South African market.
Our ability to assess risk, evaluate safeguards, design and provide a holistic and integrated solution of products and services, puts us at the forefront of our industry.
Our Products & Services
- Permanent & sundry Security Officers
- Covert operations
- Protection of valuables
- Canine services
- Event protection
Remote Off-site Monitoring Accredited national control centre
- National and international coverage capability
- Proactive response/reaction ability
- Visual verification
- Evidential quality video and audio recordings
- Control room/support establishment
- Electronic security systems design, installation & maintenance
- CCTV & perimeter protection
- Covert system designs and implementation
- Access control systems
- Thermal technology systems
- Intelligent video analytics
- Wireless systems with encoded video streaming
- Visitor management systems
- Advanced drone technology
Armed Reaction Services (area specific) Patrolling vehicles
- Rapid response
- 24-hour alarm monitoring
- 24-hour off-site CCTV monitoring
- Alarm installations & monitoring
- Risk Assessments and Consulting
- VIP protection
- Special Operations
- Crime Intelligence gathering & reporting
- Mobile Command Unit
- Wireless mobile alarm systems & support
- Technical surveillance counter-measures
We know and understand the challenging environment unique to each industry. Our Management team have in excess of 120 years of security experience in mitigating the risks pertaining to different market sectors.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE OFFERING
Our wide range of products and services include manned guarding, specialised services, electronic security systems, remote monitoring and dedicated armed reaction services.
The concept of intelligence-driven operations is based on intelligence management functions that allow for the collation, evaluation, analysis and dissemination of crime information. This data is utilised to track and mitigate crime trends.
FRESH APPROACH TO SERVICE DELIVERY
As a risk management solutions industry forerunner, the Thorburn name is synonymous with premium quality. Our operational blueprint is based on an SABS approved Product Realisation Model.
OPTIMIZED B-BBEE SCORING
Thorburn is a Level 1 B-BBEE contributor (on the new codes), with a 135% procurement recognition. The benefit to our clients is an optimisation their own B-BBEE scoring.
Factors that bolster the Thorburn culture of service excellence:
▪ Expertise in Risk Assessments & Risk Management
▪ Training & development programs superior to industry standards
▪ Complete compliancy with all relevant legislation & regulatory bodies
▪ In-house off-site monitoring of electronic & manpower resources
▪ Utilization of Intelligence databases for incident & data collection
▪ Core values of honesty and integrity guide our policies & procedures
▪ Care for our employees, as they are our competitive edge
▪ Flat management structure with direct management & intervention at Director level
Our service approach is progressive, as we aspire to transform traditional security services into intelligence driven operations that add value to our customers.
Compliance with Legislation
Thorburn Security Solutions complies with all legislation pertaining to the Private Security Industry and local regulatory authorities. This includes:
▪ Basic Conditions of Employment Act
▪ Environmental Conservation Act
▪ Hazardous substance Act
▪ Private Security Industry Regulating Act
▪ National Environmental Management Act
▪ Labour Relations Act
▪ Skills Development Act
▪ Employment Equity Act
▪ Occupational Health and Safety Act
▪ Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
▪ Workman’s Compensation Act
As a GOLD CLASS member of SASA, we demonstrate our full compliance with all criteria relating to our industry.
Our international standards of operational excellence, quality, safety, ethics and good governance, together with our experience in creating intelligence-driven integrated solutions underpinned by best practices, provides holistic client value.
Some estates covered by Thorburn Security
142 Edward Street, Tygervalley Bellville, Cape Town
285 Albertus Street
La Montagne, Pretoria
1 Montgomery Drive, Block B Mt Edgecombe Country Estate 2 Mt Edgecombe, Durban