All there is to know about registering your community scheme with the CSOS18th Feb 2021
First and foremost, what is a community scheme?
In terms of Section 1 of CSOS Act, the term “community scheme” refers to any scheme or arrangement where there is shared use of and responsibility for parts of land and buildings, including but not limited to:
- Sectional titles development schemes;
- Share block companies;
- Home or property owners’ associations (inclusive of non-profit companies and common law associations);
- Housing schemes for retired persons; and
- Housing co-operatives.
Why should I register my community scheme with the CSOS? Each scheme is required to register with the CSOS in terms of Sec 59(a)(iii) & Reg 18(8) of the CSOS Act & Regulations;
What documents should I attach with the CS1 form?
Any of the following documents should be attached:
- Rules (Managing or Conduct);
- Memorandum of Incorporation (Articles of Association);
- Use Agreement (Share Block Schemes); and
- Any other governance documentation.
Where should the form be sent to once completed? The form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the charge for registering my community scheme with CSOS? There is NO charge for registering your community scheme with the CSOS;