Long term rentals at Anahita Mauritius with Mauritius’s new Premium Visa5th Feb 2021
Mauritius welcomes you for stays up to 1 year with the new renewable premium visa! Come live and work remotely in a country with no local coronavirus cases boasting all the modern facilities to carry on your professional activity. Rent a property at Anahita estate as from € 2,150 per month and relish an exceptional lifestyle by the golf and the lagoon.
Mauritius, one of the most beautiful islands in the world, has introduced a Premium Travel Visa, valid for a period of one year, renewable, to welcome esteemed travellers seeking to prolong their feeling of wellness arising from the gorgeous turquoise blue sea with silky sand beaches, tropical lagoons, the lush greens, the warmth and friendliness of locals, all in a COVID-safe destination.
The experience of natural beauty and balanced lifestyle that could only be encountered on a rare holiday has now been made available under the Premium Travel Visa to any non-citizen who intends to stay in Mauritius for a maximum period of one year as a tourist, retiree or a professional willing to come with his/her family and carry out his business or work remotely from Mauritius.
To qualify for the Premium Visa, interested visitors should produce proof of their long stay plans and sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of stay while meeting the following criteria:
- the applicants should not enter the Mauritius Labour market;
- the main place of business and source of income and profits should be outside Mauritius;
- documentary evidence to support application such as purpose of visit, accommodation etc.; and
- other basic immigration requirements.
The Premium Visa aims at encouraging foreign nationals to come for a long stay as a tourist, retiree or a professional willing to come with his/her family and carry out his business or work remotely from Mauritius, in a COVID-safe destination.
The Premium Visa allows a non-citizen to stay in Mauritius, is valid for a period of one year and is renewable.
A premium visa is required for those who intend to stay in Mauritius for a period exceeding 180 days in a calendar year. For those staying for less than 180 days, a tourist visa is granted on arrival to Mauritius.
An application must be submitted online. The e-visa application may be submitted as from 16 November 2020.
In order to qualify for the Premium Visa, the applicant must have proof of his/her long stay plans and sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of stay.
What do you need to complete the form
You will need:
- a valid passport
- copy of air ticket (including reservation for return ticket)
- a passport size photo
- a valid email address
- pre-booking for accommodation (post-Quarantine)
- travel and health insurance for the period of stay
- proof of funds (bank statement or bank attestation) to meet the cost of stay in Mauritius (minimum amount of USD 1500/EUR 1300 for monthly expenditure per head and minimum amount of USD 500/EUR 400 for each dependent below 24 years old)
- Ensure that pre-booking for Quarantine accommodation is also made prior to the date of travel.
- Any document of a foreign language shall be accompanied by a certified translation in either English or French language
Once you have finished completing the form, there is nothing left to do except to check your mailbox. The e-visa will be issued via email.
The Premium Visa application will be processed within 48 hours for applications made from Monday to Friday. Applications submitted during the weekend will be processed on the next working day, i.e. on Monday. Application can be made close to the intended departure date. However, it is recommended that travellers submit an application well in advance of their intended departure date.
The Premium Visa is issued free of charge. There is no processing fee applicable. Anyone in Mauritius on a tourist Visa can apply for a Premium Visa. A foreign national staying in Mauritius under a Premium Visa may apply for an Occupation Permit if he intends to work or invest in Mauritius or a Residence Permit as a retired non-citizen. A foreign national may acquire a residential property developed under the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS), Real Estate Scheme (RES), Property Development Scheme (PDS) or Smart City Scheme (SCS). The foreign national is also allowed to acquire an apartment located in a building of at least ground plus two floors.
Money spent in Mauritius through the use of foreign credit or debit cards would not be liable to tax. A person becomes a tax resident and therefore is liable to tax in Mauritius if he spends 183 days or more in the country.
Rental properties available at Anahita
The rental of all the properties listed:
- Includes cleaning of pool, wifi, TV, phone (excluding calls)
- Excludes utility bills (electricity, water, gas) and cleaning service
- Deposit is required
- 3 en suite bedrooms
- Golf view
- Terrace with plunge pool
- Neighbourhood closely located to the resort’s centre (restaurants, swimming pool), to the golf club and to the boat shuttle departure to Anahita’s private beach on Ile aux Cerfs
Rs. 98 000 per month / about ZAR 37 590
Virtual tour of a l’Adamante apartment
NOT the one available for rent.
Amalthea semi-detached villa with private pool
- 3 en suite bedrooms, including a Master bedroom with balcony
- Golf view
- The Amalthea neigurhood is accessible by foot or golf cart only and has also an exclusive pool
- Central location at walking distance from the Resort’s centre, golf club and boat shuttle departure to Ile aux Cerfs
Rs. 177 000 per month / about ZAR 67 892
Virtual tour of an Amalthea Residence
Hedonia semi-detached villa with private pool
- 4 bedrooms & bathrooms
- Golf and sea view
- Newly built
- Villa is located along hole 11 and boasts panoramic view featuring the golf, lagoon and mountain chain from the rooftop terrace with bbq area
Rs. 231 600 per month / about ZAR 88 835
The Gardens Villa
- 4 bedrooms & bathrooms
- Garden view
- Newly built
- Quiet neighbourhood
Rs. 345 000 per month / About ZAR 132 333
Virtual tour of the villa:
Given the new covid strain in SA, South Africans who wish to come to Mauritius have to transit via Dubai where they have to stay for at least 15 days and following negative tests, they can book their flights to Mauritius where they will have to go through a 14-day quarantine. I am not certain what is Dubai’s policy for visitors coming from SA & the UK though.