Now is the time to invest in Harbour Bay Village7th Apr 2020
As the panic rises in South Africa as a result of the spread of the coronavirus, several people have started panic buying (groceries like sanitisers, tinned food and toilet paper are flying off the shelves) and they are taking measures and precaution to self-isolate.
President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday announced several measures that will be implemented to reduce the impact of the virus this however, caused more paranoia and panic across South Africa.
In the midst of this Pandemic, we bring you the good news and tell you why investing in Harbour Bay Village is a wise thing to do, to secure your retirement future:
- The frail and elderly have been shown to be most at risk thus retirement villages ramp up measures to protect residents
- During times of social pandemics, it’s not hard to increase these health safety measures as all infrastructure is already in place, and ready for optimization. Harbour Bay Village will be fully equipped, to increase your levels of hygiene and personal safety:
- Staff with cold or flu symptoms would not be allowed to come to work. All the staff are temperature checked upon arrival and signing in, on a daily basis.
- All staff sanitise themselves upon arrival, at work
- The Harbour Bay Village smart-village is able to be in lock-down without day-to-day tasks getting impaired.
- Visitor restriction measures to be put in place, through our access control systems and state of the art 24-hr security
- Visitors who have travelled within the last 14 days would not be permitted into our facilities.
- Our residents don’t share bed linen, every unit has their own. Laundry services capable of boil washing, clothing, linen and towels will be available
- The restaurant will ensure that all cookware, crockery and cutlery is properly sterilised before each seating
- Daily meals can be delivered as room service, should the residents’ choose to stay indoors and self-isolate
- All residents, staff and medical personal, will wear gloves and masks at all times
- Full quarantine facilities will be available to isolate suspected and actual cases, until blood test results are obtained, thereby severely restricting the virus’s ability to spread amongst the Harbour Bay Village population
- Trained medical staff and security available onsite 24-hrs a day, to keep you safe and healthy during an outbreak.
- Adoption of WHO best practice protocols and medical standards to ensure the containment and prevention of any virus epidemic outbreaks within the Harbour Bay Village precinct
- The close proximity of the Harbour Bay Private Medical Hospital, with a full Lancet Pathology Laboratory, to facilitate convenient and rapid blood test results
In case of emergencies, further actions will take effect, these include:
- Cancelling scheduled open days and asking external groups not to visit our villages until further notice
- Implementing set visiting hours to protect our most vulnerable residents
- Requiring all visitors, including friends and family, to complete a declaration form to ensure they are well upon entering our villages; have not travelled overseas in the last 14 days; and are not living with someone who is in quarantine
- Increased cleaning and personal hygiene protocols
We will ask you to not visit our villages if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days and had been possibly exposed to the virus
- Have been in contact with someone in our own country that is confirmed with or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days
With that being said, you would be in a much better position to successfully survive such an pandemic outbreak in a contained environment like Harbour Bay Village, than you would facing it alone, outside in an uncontrolled environment.
We have 25 units left! If you have any questions regarding future operations at Harbour Bay Village, kindly contact us, and we will assist you with more information.