Harbour Bay Village21st May 2019
The pinnacle of exclusive retirement living
Located just outside Simon’s Town, Harbour Bay Village is the pinnacle of exclusive retirement living for over-50s. At Harbour Bay Village your peace of mind is paramount to us – from your health and wealth, to your lifestyle and personal security.
The development offers the opportunity to live a luxurious, carefree, retired life in the most carefully considered estate imaginable. Designed, developed and managed with the discerning investor and retiree in mind, it’s an exceptional solution for people wanting to secure their future retirement in style.
WHERE COMMUNITY, LIFESTYLE AND CONVENIENCE ARE KEY
There are so many opportunities to make the most of life at Harbour Bay Village. You can spend your days rediscovering forgotten hobbies or exploring new ones like:
- sailing excursions on the Harbour Bay yacht
- daily yoga and exercise classes in the garden
- exploring the herb gardens with our resident garden guru
- socialising with friends and family at nearby restaurants and coffee shops
- participating in leisure activities at the clubhouse.
At Harbour Bay Village, emphasis is placed on ensuring that day-to-day practicalities are easily taken care of, with:
- 24-hour concierge service
- indoor heated pool and gym
- outdoor resort-style pool with cocktail bar
- laundry and cleaning services
- nearby grocery and convenience stores
- daily catered dining
- smart village with high-speed internet
- business centre and library
- 24-hour medical centre and frail care
- hair and beauty centre
- Captain’s Cabin clubhouse
- library and lounge to relax in
- pet-friendliness (T&Cs apply).
WHERE YOUR HOME IS YOUR FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
Making the right financial decisions is one of the keys to financial security. What makes Harbour Bay Village unique in its retirement offering is that it allows residents to secure their family’s financial security and future retirement.
Home ownership is through an integrated sectional title scheme, so:
- owners can bequeath their properties to heirs/beneficiaries
- properties can be rented out for additional income
- owners can cede their benefits to their tenants
- owners receive capital growth from their investment property
- on selling, owners receive 100% investment capital back and 75% of the profit
- no refurbishment fees on resale
- no transfer duty applicable.
WHERE YOUR HOME REFLECTS YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICES
Owners can choose from two classic interior schemes called Canvas or Hull, each created using easy-on-theeye colour palettes that reflect the different moods of the nearby ocean and surrounds. Fully furnished furniture packages are also available on request.
This contemporary interior scheme features a series of moody maritime references – including warm timber and brickwork as well as textured concrete and sleek steel detailing.
Inspired by sun-bleached ships’ sails and the beautiful grains of timeworn driftwood – this light and bright interior scheme is a timeless take on chic seaside living.
WHERE YOUR HEALTH IS IN EXCELLENT HANDS
All healthcare services at Harbour Bay Village are provided by Medwell SA, the leading provider of healthcare focusing on independent living and at-home rehabilitation and recovery. Every resident has access to the Harbour Bay Village Medical Care Centre and its facilities, which includes a 12-bed frail, clinic and memory care centre.
An adjacent medical centre, with a day hospital, doctors, dentistry, pathology, radiology and a 24-bed step-down facility with rehabilitation services, means that daily healthcare needs and concerns are easily seen to and managed. Services include:
- fully functioning day hospital with two operating theatres and a 24-bed step-down facility
- memory care centre
- assisted living and frail care services
- 24-hour on-site medical care professionals
- standard clinic services
- general and specialised home visits
- basic on-site medical procedures and preventative care.
WHERE YOUR SAFETY AND SECURITY ARE ALWAYS ASSURED
We know how crucial personal safety and privacy are for our residents, which is why we have a series of the most advanced security measures available in place, including:
- professionally trained 24-hour on-site security and response team
- internal access control
- state-of-the-art perimeter defences
- internal and external Smart Camera systems
- internal intercom systems within the Harbour Bay community
- on-site concierge team
- smart village
The estate is owned, managed and operated by a three-tier management structure:
- Ownership by owners through a sectional title body corporate, with an elected board of trustees.
- Day-to-day management handled by an estate manager/ manageress reporting to the board of trustees.
- Managing agents appointed by the body corporate to run all aspects of billing, enforcement of BC rules, letting of individual units and legal affairs of the Village.
The levy structure is made up of four components:
- unit levy
- services levy
- medical levy
- food/entertainment levy
A typical combined levy for a 118-square-metre two-bedroom, twobathroom unit with two parking bays will be approximately R7,200 per month in 2021. Annual escalations are set at 8% per annum.
Harbour Bay Village offers a range of upmarket residential units, catering for almost every purchaser’s accommodation needs.
- studios: 39–51 square metres, from R1,765,000
- one-bedrooms: 54–70 square metres, from R2,265,000
- one-bedroom sleeper studies: 76–85 square metres, from R2,875,000
- two-bedrooms: 79–118 square metres, from R2,999,000
- three-bedrooms: 131–141 square metres, from R4,389,000
- penthouses: 164–179 square metres, from R6,150,000
- garden apartments: 127–156 square metres, from R3,999,000
- luxury villas: 260–325 square metres, from R8,750,000
LIVE THE COASTAL DREAM – YOU’VE EARNED IT!
Your independent lifestyle, health, wealth and safety are the cornerstones of our unique, coastal luxury retirement offering. Phase 1 is due for building during the fourth quarter of 2019.