Moka Smart City12th Oct 2020
The Smart City in the heart of Mauritius
The Moka region is transitioning into a more sustainable and liveable city through the progressive rolling out of a concept of ‘citysmarting’ over the past decade. Stemming from a well-thought-out Master Plan, this flexible improvement process is continually adapted in line with the critical mass attained and technological advances.
The core elements of the plan for a smarter Moka are: making optimum use of resources; offering an improved quality of life; fostering engagement with key stakeholders including the community and public authorities; and creating real economic opportunities.
Mauritius is centrally located in the Indian Ocean at the crossroads of Asia, Africa and Europe. This Republic island state is a welcoming, multicultural country with a global outlook. The country’s attractiveness as a preferred destination for investment rests mainly on the quality of life offered, political and social stability, as well as a dynamic and growing economy across a variety of sectors including tourism, finance, trade, property and communication.
From Rs 6 518 800
Les Promenades d’Helvétia
The Moka Smart City’s first residential development.
Les Promenades d’Helvétia offers a variety of residential property options to suit your needs and desires. This development stands out for its modern architecture as well as its accessible and safe setting in harmony with nature. Les Promenades d’Helvétia will allow you to forge a future that lives up to your aspirations through fostering sustainable living conditions in a forward-looking neighbourhood.
This newest stage of Les Promenades d’Helvétia development includes studios, apartments and penthouses opposite Ecole du Centre. With 102 m of direct frontage, residents will enjoy pedestrian access to “La Promenade”.
The units’ orientation allows a maximum of north-facing rooms. It is also ideal for cross-ventilation and reduction of sun exposure. The properties with private gardens enjoy generous outdoor living areas, such as balconies, verandas and terraces.
They have large sliding openings to allow a maximum of natural light into the living spaces. The development retains Helvetia’s elegant architectural style, reminiscent of charming Moka houses with pitched roofs and clean lines. It however has very distinctive façade elements, such as enhanced verticality in the balustrade design; large roof overhangs; and two-tone walls.
- Studios of 50 m²
- 2-beds Apartments from 93 – 113 m²
- 3-beds Apartments from 144 – 156m²
- 4-beds Apartments of 195 m²
- 3-beds Penthouses from 215 – 216m²
- 4-beds Penthouses from 218 – 247m²
An integrated residential neighbourhood
Helvétia is connected to the urban life of Moka, which is in line with urban planning principles that take into account the environment. The quality of life that has been developed since 2010 in this residential neighbourhood hinges on a balance between authenticity and modernity.
Within close access
- 26 schools, from nursery to tertiary education
- 13 medical and paramedical centres, including a private hospital with world-class services
- A sports and wellness institute
- A multisport club
- 3 commercial and leisure centres, including Bagatelle Mall, the island’s biggest shopping venue
- 1,500 retailers and companies established
- 35% of the city made up of green and common spaces,
- 4 access roads, including 2 motorways
Open to international buyers
Les Promenades d’Helvétia is developed under the Smart City Scheme and offers a great opportunity for foreigners who wish to buy property in a fast-expanding region in the heart of Mauritius. It thus offers a splendid opportunity to purchase exceptional real estate in a region that focuses on well-thought, continuous development.
An attractive return on investment
– An average of 6.5% rental yield on residences
– An average of 7% capital gain on residences (per year)
– An average of 302% capital gain on land (for the past 11 years)
Bagatelle Office Park
The luxury of having a quality work environment in the heart of Mauritius.
This new generation facility is ideally located and is designed for business leaders who are concerned about the well-being of their employees.
The office buildings situated adjacent to Bagatelle Mall are easily accessible by car or public transport either via the bridge or the Old Moka Road.
This state-of-the-art business centre offers flexible office space, ample parking and a sweeping view of the surrounding mountain ranges with direct visibility from M1 Motorway. It provides the opportunity to work in a setting that is in complete harmony with nature and close to everyday conveniences.
The ideal place to grow your business.
Vivéa is a new generation business park in Moka offering an innovative and attractive new concept to business leaders who are looking for a work environment fusing nature with technology.
The old factory buildings, the preservation of green spaces and century-old trees as well as the continued weighing and analysis of raw cane are some of the features that lend a distinctive historic character to the place.
Vivéa Business Park provides enterprises with a prestigious address to carry out their operations and a rewarding work environment for their employees.
Vivéa occupies a strategic location amid the heart of the island in Moka and delivers undeniable benefits including:
- A modern and fully integrated infrastructure with human-sized buildings overlooking a well-maintained green landscape
- A nursery providing extended-hours childcare to align to the demands of the modern workplace
- Generous parking spaces and a secure environment
- High-speed fibre optic Internet and underground telephone and electricity cabling
- Strict construction guidelines to uphold the quality of the business park within the Smart City
- A central and accessible location at the crossroads of M1 and M3 motorways as well as the Saint Pierre Bypass
- Easy access to public transport and everyday services such as banking, shopping and education
Bagatelle, the leading retail destination
Bagatelle is one of the island’s most attractive and popular retail destinations with a strategic location in the heart of an area that accounts for 40% of the country’s workforce and 70% of its purchasing power. It also has direct access to M1 motorway, used by 60,000 vehicles daily.
The biggest shopping and leisure destination in Mauritius.
The mall attracts close to 700,000 visitors every year and has over 150 outlets with the largest selection of specialty stores on the island, creating a most comprehensive shopping experience.
Bagatelle Motor City
Development of a retail destination for car, motorcycle & boat specialists
A flexible choice with serviced land for sale and retail units for rent in an attractive and recognized environment for retailers. Major players of the sector have already found this destination of choice appealing.
This shopping precinct aims to serve the convenience shopping needs of the surrounding community.
Les Allées d’Helvétia Commercial Centre is easily accessible along the main road into Moka and enjoys a strategic location a few steps from Ecole du Centre and Lycée des Mascareignes.
It has a complete and diverse offering including various shops, a pharmacy, a hair salon, restaurants with an outside terrace and a Jumbo Express supermarket.
Kendra is a convenience shopping centre serving the residents of Saint Pierre and the surrounding areas.
This 6,500m² shopping centre is easily accessible from the Ebene-Terre-Rouge-Verdun Link Road and is situated only steps away from the village’s bus terminal.
It has a food court seating 150 customers and a variety of shops, a pharmacy, a bank agency and a Winner’s supermarket amidst a pleasant and verdant setting which invites to a leisurely stroll and shopping experience.
Quality education at your doorstep
A wide choice of private and public institutions will allow your children to learn and grow up in an environment that is conducive to their development, close to their home.
Moka contributes to a more balanced development of your children by providing easy and convenient access to a complete range of educational facilities, from pre-primary to university level.
Preschool and primary education
After nursery and kindergarten years, your children can complete their early grades in one of the region’s public primary schools or in private institutions like the Clavis International Primary School or Ecole du Centre, which use English and French as their teaching medium respectively.
At secondary education level, you will have the choice between state or denominational colleges, French-language education at the Lycée des Mascareignes or English-language education at Le Bocage International School.
Upon achieving their secondary education diploma, your children may opt to undertake their tertiary studies at the Charles Telfair Institute or the University of Mauritius.
Smart City Scheme
The Smart City Scheme has been launched by the Government of Mauritius for the setting up of new and intelligent urban ecosystems across Mauritius in the form of mixed-use developments integrating office, business, residential and leisure components.
Smarting Moka will be achieved through developing, delivering and managing innovative solutions in terms of improved road network connectivity and mobility, intelligent city planning and an eco-efficient approach to sustainability.
Road network connectivity enhancement
- Providing the infrastructure to support growing needs
- Integrating this strategic location into a national concept of polycentric development to unlock its development potential
- Expanding the existing road network’s capacity and connectivity to neighbouring areas
Improved mobility through public and non-motorised transport
- Building a new bus terminal
- Introducing dedicated bike lanes and a bike-sharing programme
- Installing an electric tram system
- Making way for a Linear Park – a green corridor for cycling and walking
- Strategizing to ensure the timely availability of sufficient parking space
Intelligent city planning with carefully managed open spaces
- Adopting a master planning approach
- Implementing a set of architectural control guidelines
- Setting aside 35% of the total land area for common and public spaces
- Creating an open-air amphitheatre
Eco-efficient approach to sustainability
- Installing a waste-sorting and recycling platform within the city
- Using green energy and non-domestic water for common areas
- Requiring compliance with efficient building design
The future city of Moka shall offer a holistic and eco-friendly lifestyle
About the Developer
ENL is the entrepreneur behind more than 120 household brands of products and services, which are as many conduits for end consumers to realise their needs and aspirations.
The ENL group is a broad-based enterprise, developing and managing a portfolio of more than 120 international and homegrown brands in industries as diverse as agro-industry, real estate, hospitality, logistics, fintech, commerce and manufacturing.
A culture for hard work, a tradition for inclusive growth and an unwavering commitment to uphold a two-century old legacy of entrepreneurship have led ENL Mauritius to be among the leading business groups in the country.
“We create sustainable value by making every effort to engage with our stakeholders and to serve their needs and aspirations with commitment and innovation. “
The benefits of Living in Mauritius
A favourable tax regime:
- Low individual and corporate taxation (a flat rate of 15%)
- No inheritance or capital gains tax
- Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements with 43 countries including UK and SA
A non-citizen having held a residence permit for a continuous period of 2 years and having made an investment over USD 5 million in Mauritius is eligible to apply for registration/ naturalization as a citizen of Mauritius
Members registered under the Mauritian Diaspora Scheme are exempted from:
- Income tax for 10 years
- Custom duties of up to MUR 2 million on the purchase of a car
- Customs duties on repatriation of their personal or household belongings
Would you like to receive more information about Property investments in Mauritius? Sign up below.