Mauritius, the perfect balance for investors and businesses18th Jun 2019
The destination requires no introduction! Mauritius combines attractive business opportunities in a strategic regional location, a high economic resilience, and social stability with a quality lifestyle amidst a welcoming population and landscapes of great beauty in which to indulge in a wide choice of leisure activities – the perfect balance.
Since 2015, the Mauritian government has triggered an ambitious development programme promoting a lifestyle that harmonises professional and personal life through the setting up of smart and cohesive urban development projects. Uniciti, Medine Group’s Smart City is one of these.
Set against the majestic backdrop of the Black River mountain range, Uniciti’s location on the West coast offers easy access to its exquisite beaches and surf spots, modern commercial facilities, and an array of entertaining night life venues and leisure facilities such as Casela World of Adventures and Yemen Experience – a 3,400-hectare nature reserve – or Tamarina golf estate.
Uniciti is already up and running, with a daily frequentation of some 10,000 people rallying to its kindergartens, schools and Uniciti Education Hub universities, and to Cascavelle Shopping Village, Uniciti Office Park, and SPARC sports centre and restaurant. Everyone appreciates the harmony Uniciti unfolds, its environment-friendly infrastructures and its wide expanse of green public spaces.
Which opportunities await investors?
Uniciti’s attractive developments are generating an increasing demand for residential property and leisure activities from both locals and expatriates.
To foster the development of an innovative and varied offer, Medine Group has already earmarked plots of land of different areas presenting positive scope for investors, and ideally suited for commercial development.
Developers investing in Uniciti benefit fully from the numerous fiscal incentives and financial benefits offered under the Smart City Scheme.
What are the prospects for businesses?
Uniciti Office Park is the ideal destination for company relocation in Mauritius. This west coast business precinct spreads out across 15,000 square metres, and currently offers office spaces for rent. With extension works due for completion by the end of 2019, the park will considerably increase its office space capacity. It will also include a commercial allotment with building plots duly ready for the construction of company headquarters, for example.
The benefits enjoyed by Uniciti Office Park tenants include:
- its proximity to several lovely residential areas
- the dynamic environment of a business park that already houses several up-trending companies, 80% of which are foreign
- flexible office space – shell and core or fully fitted – with the possibility of adapting surface areas to lesser or greater requirements
- on-site cafeteria and canteen facilities
- skilled and bilingual workforce
- preferential market access to Africa and Europe
- FLAT 15% rate of income tax and corporate tax
- tax-free dividends
- no capital gains tax and no inheritance tax
- free repatriation of profits, dividends and capital
- double taxation avoidance treaties (DTAs) with over 50 countries
- income tax exemption on income derived by non-citizens investing a minimum of US$25 million.
Keen on investigating these opportunities more closely?
Our teams visit in South Africa regularly. Just contact us and we will organise a meeting with you promptly.